Vivian Steckline




Vivian Steckline
Fragility2015
Graphite Drawing
8.5"x11"

I am a young artist of the age of 16. But, as well as being very passionate about the visual arts, I'm dreadfully in love with dance. I have been in ballet since I was 6 years old, so I am very familiar with the culture and history of it. However, In this culture, there are certain body types that tend to be preferable if you plan to continue into a professional level. Already being above average height and underweight, I began to become quite stressed over this idea in middle school. 

I truly love dance from the bottom of my heart. But, sometimes we hurt ourselves for the things we love. In my case, I ended up getting into a dangerous cycle of self-hate over my body. For this piece, I wanted to illustrate the idea of both the beauty and pain that people may go through to get to where they are. 

Comments

Popular Posts